Tourist towns are a drag sometimes
But in non-tourist towns you can get beat up
Just for lookin a little different
I guess the thing to do is just stay at home
Yeah but sometimes I think the thing to do
Would be to get a place way out in [Chicago]
Put down as many months rent as you can part with
Tell everybody else you went to France
Lyrics from “New American Language” by Dan Bern, 2001.
Photos by Rick Stachura.
(1) AMA Plaza/Marina City on North State Street. May 23, 2019.
(2) Gratz Center on East Chestnut Street. May 24, 2019.
(3) Heald Square Monument at North Wabash Street and East Wacker Drive. May 23, 2019.
(4) Aston Chicago Apartments at East Illinois and North St. Clair Streets. May 23, 2019.
(5) Gratz Center on East Chestnut Street. May 24, 2019.